1. Meditation = mindfulness. What's meditation? Meditation is a practice where an individual uses a technique to train attention and awareness, and achieve a mentally clear and emotionally calm, and stable state.
If it was not for meditation, I would not have been more intentional about the present moment, which would not have led me on the journey of finding myself or my purpose. I meditate daily. You can try it too. Sit in a comfortable position and give yourself 5 minutes to focus on your breathing and let go of your worries. Try it every day for 30 days and watch how it changes your mood and reaction to things.
2. Affirmations. Affirmations are positive statements that can help you to challenge and overcome self-sabotaging and negative thoughts. Speak positive words into your life every single morning and at night. Think big. Think to heal. Think success. Think peace. Think happiness. Think growth mindset. I write my affirmations down on sticky notes and read them in the morning and before I go to bed.
3. Sticky notes! I come up with exciting thoughts all the time, and if the sticky notes are not nearby, the ideas will not exist. Write the idea down the moment you have one. Don’t procrastinate and leave it for tomorrow. It will likely disappear, and you won’t remember! Go to rule #1 - mindfulness, apply the present moment right then and there. Write it down and continue on with your day!
4. Planner/Calendar. If it is not in your schedule, it will likely be that you will never get it done…or it might…maybe a few weeks, months, or perhaps a few years later. Do you really want to leave it up to chance that long? Put it on a planner or a calendar. Give yourself an hour and watch how much you can get done! Speaking of time...
5. Timers. I set timers for everything. If I am working on a specific project, I put a timer and focus on the task at hand, with no distractions. I also utilize an app usage timer, which lets me know how long I spend on the app throughout the day. Helps not to get sucked into the black hole of the internet.
6. Phone reminders. I have an alarm reminder for each hour of the day to remind me - to stay fearless, stay mindful, meditate, practice humility, be kind, eat healthily, rest…it is my personal assistant and hypeman! Try it for yourself and see how it improves the way you do things throughout the day!
Wishing you the best because you deserve the best!